Thursday, September 30, 2010

13 Day Halloween Countdown

Last year I saw Matthew Mead's Vintage Halloween Memo Board and pined after it. Trying to find a vintage memo board though is pretty tricky so I decided to make my own. Materials used for the project:
lumber (mine was a 1x6 about 14 inches long)
black paint
modge podge or clear coat
sandpaper
6 large binder clips
Scrapbook paper and embellishments
Halloween printables
A list of 13 countdown activities
Paint your board black, then sand its edges to distress it a little. Finish with a clear coat of modge podge. Once it is dry you can add your binder clips. No need to glue these, they barely fit over the board. Instead of closing the binder clip all the way leave the hinge attached to the back open so you will have twelve spots for the countdown.
Then decorate to your hearts content. For each of the thirteen days list a fun activity. Mine included carving pumpkins, Halloween movie night, making carmel apples, and the last day of course is the trick or treating. I also have three that say pick a treat box which is why I have those cute boxes sitting next to the board.
I used magnets to attach some of the activities, some are on the back of the numbers and one is inside that cute black and white envelope. Since there are only twelve spots and thirteen days for the last day I made a paper lolly that said trick or treat and put it in the bottom corner.
All finished, let the countdown begin.


List of Printables Used (let me know if I missed one):


white treat box: psitsinthedetails.etsy.com
bat/pumpkin: paper crave
No. 3 & 8: oopsey-daisy.blogspot.com
All other numbers and printables from matthewmeadstyle.com



Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap  up           party!











SYS Thurs

8 comments:

  1. I love this!! We don't celebrate halloween...but I see a fall version in my future for sure! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo darling! You know I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and cute idea!

    Thanks so much for linking up to Scraptastic Saturday!

    Hannah @ http://youngancrafty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!!! Love it!

    LaKeta
    1luckeegirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. of course you got featured - it is darling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great! Check out the award I gave you on my blog!

    http://theloops13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete